Tuesday, January 4, 2011

LESSON #1: Don't Let Yourself Go.

This morning at 4:00 am the alarm went off. It is day 2 of our exercise routine. Problem is...... I can't move. The very thought of moving tenses the muscles in my body and causes me pain. I'm surprised I'm not bleeding or in traction on some floor of the local hospital. Could I have been hit by a mac truck while sleeping? Did I tumble and fall off a 20 story building while sleep walking? There has to be some reason for this amount of pain other than a simple workout of stretching. Everything hurts!! Would Zumba have caused me this much discomfort?

I have to laugh at myself. What have I been thinking all these years? I heard the phrase “Use it or Loose it” and I did use it. I've always been a walker. I get out and walk a couple of miles a day and feel good about it. Although it's been a year since I've been at Curves – could I have really lost that much flexibility? The word is YES....

I'm also angry with myself. It seems really unfair that I spent 3 months on chemo therapy, throwing up everything I put in my mouth not to have lost any weight. How cruel is that? I lost my hair, my eye brows, my eye lashes, the hair all over my body actually – but I can't loose any weight? What is up with that? Does God just love me fluffy? I'm not sure what the answer is here, but the anger is propelling me forward in taking control and that is a good thing.

The lesson I have learned this morning as I finally crawl out of bed and struggle to lift my arms above my head to put on my work out shirt....... Don't let yourself go. Don't give in to the excuses. I may be hurting right now, but I won't be hurting like this for long. Soon I'll be working out like the girls on channel 2 news this morning doing the Zumba workout. I'll be smiling and clapping and moving like a gazelle. Energy will be dripping from every pore and I'll be looking all glowy and dewy and I may even loose some weight. For now – I need to go lay down. Tomorrow is another day and I need the heating pad. My parting thoughts are – Good luck to us all!!

2 comments:

Elise Halladay said...

You can do it Stace! Working out is sooo tough. I am into yoga and that kicks my butt! I need to get back on the work-out wagon myself...

Dave and Stacy said...

Thanks Elise for the encouragement. I have a yoga DVD that I need to try. Maybe I CAN get my pretzel back. LOL I love you!!