Thursday, January 6, 2011

The End of the Holiday Season is Here.

I spent 3 hours volunteering down at the Bishop's Storehouse, stocking shelves this morning. Sarah came along to help and it was really fun having her there. Then I promptly fell asleep in the chair afterward. Where is my energy going? I think I may have a leak somewhere.

Today is the last of the holiday celebrations for Dave and I. This is the Italian Christmas which is called the Epiphany. This holiday celebrates families as the Good Witch Beatrice brings gifts that celebrate the families ancestry. I have celebrated this holiday since I went to New York to live in the Italian section of the city. I wish I were celebrating it with my brother Scott and his family, but I didn't get the word out in time. Hopefully next year, I'll do things better.

The Epiphany is great fun though. The thing I enjoy most is being able to cook my Great Grandma Saviozzi's lasagna for dinner. Right now, the aroma of lasagna is wafting throughout the house and my mouth is watering. But Stacy, what about your diet? ( I know you're wondering) Well, I have included extra spinach into the mix and less pasta in order to at least stay fairly close to the caloric intake that I can have today. The hard part is going to be trying to keep Dave from eating what is left after I take my single serving out.

I hope you have all had a wonderful holiday season and that this new year brings you great joy.
Enjoy your families today and have pasta if at all possible.

1 comment:

Elise Halladay said...

How fun! I hope you guys have a fun time celebrating Epiphany. We had a blast last time :) I need to get Great Grandma's recipe from you. Scott and I LOVED that lasagna- exquisite!